Preparing for Market to Market Relay Race Jefferson Iowa Review
It comes that Time of year when Running season begins and your Lack of Training shows up.
I have my 3rd Race for the year and its Not the easiest.
Its Called the Market to Market Relays Race.
You gather a group of friends, family or coworkers and Run over 70 miles from Jefferson Iowa to Downtown Des Moines Iowa.
- Why you might ask? No Clue. lol It can be fun at times but its a whole day event. So Schedule wisely and expect to be a Recovery SunDay after celebrating afterwards with the free beer and after party.
- If you aren’t a Runner. Start becoming one. Its a fun time for runners. but if you are not a runner or are not in somewhat decent shape, you got some trouble.
- The humid hot weather might get you or the thunderstorms in May will soak you down.
while running alone in a small town…
that you have no clue where you are at….
or if the next person to tell you to turn will be there or not….
while your crew is getting lost and taking selfies…
You End up Running about 8-12 miles each person and then pass the time chip to your team partner and then everyone rushes back to the groupie van and get lost finding the next check point with your designated driver and map navigator.
- Its a Great Workout. Definitely need to eat healthy sugars, fruits, carbs or a Limearita , your choice. throughout the day you gotta stretch, and say a mental prayer that the next run wont feel so deadly.
- To Have Fun! You get to experience small towns and landmarks in Iowa that you normally would never go out and see.
- Gorgeous Scenery .We end up running on 70-80 miles through small towns of Iowa’s Bike Trails and then sometimes parks and sidewalks as we get closer to the city!
CHECK OUT THE NEW E BIKE !! SAVE GAS 30+ MILES ON ONE CHARGE
- Team Bonding Accomplishing the Goal and crossing that finish line is pretty priceless.
- Everyone is dead and drenched in sweat and just want to have a seat with a Nice Cold Summer Shandy Leinenkugel to heal the pain of all the running you just accomplished!
- Time to Celebrate!!!
- And Do it again in 2018!!
- Currently, Our team are 3-year Veterans!!
- We aren’t First but we definitely aren’t Last!!
Go Team ” It Just got Real……..Estate” !!!
“Run if you can, walk if you must, crawl if you still got a chance, just never give up, and Just do it” – Runner
Follow me On Instagram Twitter, Youtube and Facebook. @Michaelphothasone
Contact me for Any Real Estate Needs!!
Email at Michael@iowarealty.com
165 S Jordan Creek Pkwy #155
West Des Moines, IA 50266
License to Sell Real Estate in the State of IOWA